Sunday, April 14, 2013

Big News!

The next adventure of our lives has begun...starting a family!! ( I cant help but have a huge grin on my face as I type this!!). Chad and I found out about our little miracle on Saturday, February 9th. We had gone to Kroger for groceries and I (secretly) stopped by "the aisle" to pick up a pregnancy test. I just "had a feeling." Now, I'm not sure if anyone is like me, but I've taken TONS of pregnancy tests when I just..."had a feeling." Chad always cutely teases me about my little idiosyncrasies, one of which is taking pregnancy tests whenever the wind blows just right! ;-) Well, this time...God had a surprise for us! It was positive!!

The flood of emotions I felt was almost overwhelming! I felt excited, terrified, overjoyed, nervous, and immediately protective of the little miracle! The thought of telling Chad was both exciting and scary! Instead of telling Chad in a cutesy "Pinterest" kind of way, I decided to run out of the bathroom and waive the freshly peed-on stick in front of his face. I don't even remember the words we spoke to each other, but the love, excitement, and anxious energy in that moment is like nothing I've felt before!

After settling down a bit (I was totally out of breath from jumping up and down!), I immediately downloaded every single pregnancy app there was to figure out our due date. October 20th seemed to be the day our little miracle would enter the world.

My God is good and I believe He knew the best timing for our family to grow! Baby Harrison will be here AFTER I'm done with my NKU degree (phew!). We pray (and ask you to pray) that our baby grows healthy and safe in my belly. We thank God for His blessing in our little miracle!



No comments:

Post a Comment