Sunday, April 14, 2013

1st Ultrasound

This was THE most exciting day of our pregnancy so far. On March 15th, we had our first ultrasound appointment. Not only was this the most exciting day ever, but Chad and I were blessed to have the nicest ultrasound technician in NKY! We love Monica! she confirmed our due date of October 20th! Exciting!!

The moment I was able to see our little bundle of joy, I was in tears....tears of joy! That moment was so special for Chad and me. And then...we heard the heartbeat of our little bambino. 170 beats a minute! Wow! Hearing the heartbeat made everything even more real for us.

Our ultrasound technician showed us everything on the little squishy blob in my belly. I felt like Rachel on Friends, where she didn't have a clue what she was looking at on the ultrasound picture! :) I was, again, thankful for Monica! At 8 weeks 5 days, there were arm and leg buds and our babies brain was forming. CRAZY AMAZING!! Our little one was also moving around...a lot! The baby was flipping back and forth (I didn't even know that was possible!). I think he/she was posing for the camera!

When looking at this little miracle growing inside my belly, I can't imagine a life without knowing and believing in God. He is knitting this little life together one strand at a time. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5a



No comments:

Post a Comment